Below you will find a list of qualifications for becoming a substitute teacher in Michigan.
- Education: Must have a minimum of 90 passing credit hours from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- Security: Must have live scan finger print clearance through L-1.
- Attendance: Regular attendance is critical; must have a satisfactory work record.
- Citizenship: Must be able to verify whether a U.S. citizen, resident alien, or otherwise authorized to accept employment in the United States.
- Phyisical Condition: Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined.
- Must arrive ON TIME for the assignment chosen. Report to the school leader or designee upon arrival.
- Review and maintain all daily plans and schedules to be followed with the principal, department head, or team leader.
- Assume responsibility for pupil behavior in class, during lunch, and recess periods, as required by the school.
- Never leave the class unattended
- Class time is for student instruction only. Absolutely NO use of cell phones or laptops for personal matters.
- Teach the lesson plan prepared by the absent teacher.
- Before initiating alternate lesson plans or procedures, consult with the building principal, department head, or team leader.
- The school or district to which you are assigned determines the teacher rate of pay.
- Midwest Substitute Staffing’s Corporate Policy FORBIDS corporal punishment! Do not touch a child for ANY reason, unless your life or the life of another person is in jeopardy.
- Michigan requires a valid substitute teaching certificate that allows you to teach 150 days per school year. The State of Michigan will send applicant an invoice for $45.00 for which payment must be submitted immediately.
- Midwest Substitute Staffing, Inc. does NOT charge a fee to join or to take a substitute teaching assignment.
Contact a hiring manager today.
Midwest Substitute Staffing is always looking for certified, highly-qualified educators to fill current and future openings at the school’s we manage. To be considered, please email your cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com and you will be contacted by one of our hiring managers.